As part of our own response and in compliance with this law, A2Ethics.org may remove or disable access to material on our website that is claimed as infringing. In such cases, we will also make a good faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the affected material so that he or she may make a Counter-Notification.
Before spending alot of time and effort to submit a Notice of Infringing Material or a Counter-Notification, you might want to consider contacting an attorney. Not any attorney, but one who knows your rights and obligations under the DMCA, which means if the attorney you are talking to thinks the DMCA is a branch of the YMCA, then you better consider getting a different person for legal advice.
And please ... do not for any moment think the A2Ethics.org Notice requirements outlined below are any form of legal advice or can substitute for an attorney's counsel. We are furnishing these requirements because it is our own responsibility to do so, based on what we understand from our own attorney.
To file a notice of infringing material on the A2Ethics.org website, please send the following information:
1. Reasonably sufficient details to allow us to identify the work or works claimed as infringing, for example, the title and the author;
2. Reasonably sufficient details to allow us to locate the work or works claimed as infringing, for example, a link to the page where the work is;
3. Your contact information: name, address, phone number or email;
4. A statement that you have a good faith belief the use of the work or works you have identified have not been authorized by the copyright holder, its agent or by law;
5. A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate and that you have the power to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is alleged to be infringing; and
6. Your physical or electronic signature.
After you have completed all of these tasks, please send this notice to:
By Mail :
P.O. Box 131384
Ann Arbor, MI 48113
If work or works that you have contributed or submitted on the A2Ethics.org website have been taken down under the Notice & Takedown procedure, you may file a Counter-Notification by sending the following information:
1. Reasonably sufficient details that allow us to identify the work or works that have been taken down or to which access has been disabled, for example, the title and author;
2. Reasonably sufficient details that allow us locate the works or works that have been removed, for example, the URL;
3. Your contact information: name, address, telephone number or email;
4. A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief the work was removed as a result of a mistake or misidentification;
5. A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court or the court where your address is located or, if your address is outside of the United States, for the Michigan judicial district where A2Ethics.org is;
6. A statement that you will accept service of process from the person who submitted a Notice in compliance with the proper section of the DMCA; and
7. Your physical or electronic signature.
After you have completed these tasks, please send this Counter-Notification to:
P.O. Box 131384
Ann Arbor, MI 48113
You may be able to find examples of Counter-Notifications at www.chillingeffects.org. This is in no way, shape or form legal advice, but a resource offered, in our own good faith, that we believe will be useful to you.